If a DUI arrest, drug charge or allegation of domestic violence has made your future uncertain, you and your family need the peace of mind that only aggressive criminal defense representation can provide.
DUI Defense Lawyer Christian A. Schwaner
I am Christian A. Schwaner, former prosecutor and founder of the Christian A. Schwaner, P.C., law firm in Colorado Springs.
For almost 20 years, I have seen criminal law work in Colorado from a variety of valuable perspectives. Regardless of the serious charges you face, I have the experience to defend you. I work hard to help you avoid harsh punishments such as jail or prison, substantial fines, a criminal record, separation from your family and strict probation conditions upon your release.
A Former Prosecutor Who Knows the System
I am a Colorado Springs criminal defense lawyer who gets results. I have the experience to defend you against these serious felony and misdemeanor charges:
- DUI or DWAI — Any questionable Breathalyzer or blood test results can be used to try undermining the prosecution's allegations against you. I am an aggressive lawyer who will take every measure possible to defend your rights, whether you are facing first-time or repeat DUI charges.
- Violent crimes — If you are accused of committing a violent crime, make sure you have an experienced defense lawyer in your corner. I understand what you are up against after years of experience defending against assault, sexual assault and vehicular assault. You can feel confident knowing I will fight to protect your rights.
- Drug crimes — Just because the prosecution claims to have incriminating evidence against you, doesn't mean they do. Whether you are facing charges for drug transport, drug possession, drug distribution, or drug manufacturing, I will conduct a detailed investigation to understand if your constitutional rights were violated.
- Property crimes — Do not underestimate the seriousness of a property crime, such as theft, burglary or home invasion. As your defense lawyer, I will conduct a thorough investigation to try uncovering any evidence that can be used in your favor.
- Sexual offenses — If you are accused of child pornography, child molestation, rape or an Internet sex crime, the court of public opinion may be quick to assume your guilt. That does not mean anything in the court of law. I am committed to defending your rights and exposing any weaknesses in the allegations against you.
- Domestic violence charges — The penalties for child abuse, menacing, harassment, stalking and restraining order violations can vary greatly. You need an aggressive lawyer who will not only defend your right but will seek to mitigate the potential ramifications you face. This has been my commitment for years.
- Other criminal issues — No type of criminal charge is too simple or complex for me to take on. I have nearly two decades of experience defending against weapons charges, military crimes, juvenile cases and other types of charges.
While many attorneys accept only the occasional criminal case, I have dedicated my career exclusively to the practice of criminal defense. You can rest assured that I will always be focused on developing criminal defense strategies and staying up to date on any new developments in the field of criminal law.
I approach each client's case by providing a high level of personal attention, no matter how large or small your legal matter. I am a solo practitioner, which means that you will never be handed off to a less experienced associate attorney. You will always speak directly to me about your legal needs. I will personally answer your questions.
Your Free Initial Consultation
I am an attorney you can trust with your freedoms and future. Contact me or call 719-387-0616 from wherever you are in El Paso, Teller or Fremont County. Your initial consultation is free, and can be conducted at a police station or jail after an arrest.